Methods, Ethics and Social Networking
During this course, you will learn about the methods and ethics of online coaching, and how to maintain a responsible online presence. We will start with defining online coaching and differentiating it from other mental health services, examine how to conduct and enhance your online coaching client relationship by looking at disinhibition and presence. We will then look at the ethics of conducting coaching online, study some ethical dilemmas regarding the possible pitfalls of social and professional networking, and finish by looking at further uses of technology in coaching – telephone and video – before seeing how all these methods can blend together within a case vignette.
- An Introduction to Coaching Online: Considerations and Definitions
- Conducting and Enhancing your Online Coaching Client Relationship
- The Ethical Side of Online Coaching
- Maintaining a Responsible Online Presence
- Telephone, VoIP and Coaching via Videoconference
- Participants will be able to define the differences between coaching and other mental health services
- Participants will be know how to conduct and/or enhance their coaching relationship using technologies such as text, audio and video
- Participants will be able to consider the ethics of practicing online in relation to their own practice
- Participants will be able to manage their online presence responsibly
Continuing Education Credit
This course is qualifies toward continuing education requirements through International Coach Federation (ICF) and the Board Certified Coach (BCC).
This course is also approved for Continuing Education through NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals. Many states accept NAADAC CE hours for counselors and social workers. If you are a mental health practitioner in the U.S, CLICK HERE to see if your board recognizes NAADAC CE. Many boards accept NAADAC approved courses for counselors and social workers.
Register for this course
5 Clock Hours- $200.00
Last year I completed the online coaching course. The course was professional and informative. I found the information to be extremely accurate. I just finished my dissertation on technology in counseling and the information on the history of technology in the helping profession was the same. That was great news to me. I felt reassured my literature review was on track. I found the class reaffirming.