Today and tomorrow are days to really, REALLY release what no longer serves you! It is also the first of two full moons in the month of March.
I like the traditional description of the moons offered by Farmer’s Almanac:
March’s Full Moon was traditionally called the Full Worm Moon by Native Americans who used lunar phases to track the seasons. Colonial Americans also used these names, especially those of the local Algonquin tribes who lived between New England and Lake Superior.
At the time of this Moon, the ground begins to soften enough for earthworm casts to reappear, inviting the return of robins and migrating birds—a true sign of spring.
Roots start to push their way up through the soil, and the Earth experiences a re-birth as it awakens from its winter slumber.
We are indeed awakening out of the winter slumber and with that comes new beginnings, re-birth and resurrection.
So tell me, what shall you release on this day?
Want to use the moon’s beautiful full phase to help you release?
I always call on Spirit and pull an oracle or tarot card. For my online group I use the White Light Tarot Deck by by Jessica Fisher Willson. If oracle or tarot cards are not your thing, you can use positive affirmation cards or read a random verse from your favorite spiritual book.
Your mini “Moon Guide”
- Prepare your space and get comfortable and be sure to have pen and paper.
- Choose flowers or an essential oil to fill the room with natural earth aromas. I tend to use the same oil every time so that a scent memory is created for my manifesting and releasing rituals. I take a drop of oil in my hands and sweep my aura and I place another drop in a small tea light candle (natural- soy, beeswax, etc).
- Once the card is pulled, I write whatever comes to mind for at least 5 minutes.
- When I have finished writing my impressions from the card, I list a minimum of 25 gratitudes. That’s right. 25. Being grateful allows you to enter a space of being able to receive.
- Next, I list 5 things, a situation, a circumstance, a person, a feeling- anything that no longer serves me.
- Finally, I turn those 5 things – the “No More Drama” list into 5 positive intentions using present language- acting “as if” those intentions have already occurred.
- I review the list, and write out my incantation- my prayer which can be as simple as, Spirit, or Source, …and I use my “manifesting disclaimer clause” – I ask for this or better, all for the greater good.
- When I am finished, I place my hand over the chakra that corresponds with the card and allow Divine energy to flow through me. This is a simple gesture in self-care.
- I let the candle burn ideally until it is done but if needed, I can blow the candle out (to release) and relight it within the next day or two.
Worm Moon’s Card
Queen of Wands. Keyword: Generous
This card indicates a positive turn of events, either someone you know or you yourself should be beaming with confidence. You are attracting the right people and the right situations to you. The Queen of Wands says don’t worry about a thing. Just maintain the effortless enthusiasm that has propelled you this far, and you’ll find yourself on the top of the mountain in no time.
The corresponding chakra is the Heart chakra and the color is green.
Romantic love, affection, caring and compassion, great strength, and the ability to change, this chakra governs our hands, heart, lungs and circulatory systems. It is our center of balance. If this chakra is under stimulated, we may suffer from indecision or anxiety, fear of rejection and clinging. If it is over stimulated, we may not be able to express “love”, and we mistakenly identify lust, and longing with love, and arrogance with power. When this chakra is out of balance, we will experience the lower natures of humanity, versus humanity’s higher nature.
And that is how it is done! I take time each New (Manifesting) and Full (Releasing) Moon to become purposeful, prayerful and intentional about my life and I have found this to be an extremely powerful process. There are many ways to create ritual. This is the ritual that works best for me so I invite you to use it if you wish. If you would like to join my online group and make this part of your life’s rituals I would love for you to join us.